Deep dives focus on a single issue, performing targeted analysis to help you make a good decision. This might be a business strategy choice, an organizational issue, or a management process (such as how to prioritize R&D projects) gone awry. Sometimes it’s an issue that the organization has been grappling with for some time, but failed to resolve. We bring not just analytic tools and a fresh, unbiased perspective — we also facilitate resolution and catalyze action.
What is a Deep Dive?
It’s an intense, concentrated probe into a concern, question, or choice you need to make about some aspect of your business strategy, organization, or decision-making processes in which we:
- clarify the issue and articulate the context;
- craft the options for evaluation;
- gather data internally & externally (including interviews with key leaders, and surveying a broader set of managers if useful);
- deploy appropriate analytics (using our proprietary models and frameworks, and developing new ones as needed);
- facilitate working sessions to score the options and choose among them;
- and deliver our findings, including actionable recommendations — typically in four to twelve weeks.
Past Deep Dives we’ve helped clients with include:
- deciding which product variants to offer in a particular overseas market
- working out how two companies can collaborate to jointly engineer products that one of the partners will manufacture on behalf of the other
- defining an engine emissions strategy for the off-highway market
- deciding where to locate a new manufacturing plant for a growing market
- choosing which hybrid powertrain architectures to invest in developing
- determining how to transform and revitalize an underperforming innovation organization
- choosing how to spec a new product for maximum market leverage
- deciding which applications and architectures to prioritize in a market for very large, often customized products